Board of Trustees Scholarships
Students attending Bay College from our service area who meet specific criteria are eligible to apply for the Board Elite Scholarships and/or the Board of Trustees Scholarships. The service area is defined as: Crystal Falls/Forest Park, Escanaba, Gladstone, Rapid River, Bark-River Harris, Big Bay de Noc, Hannahville/Nah Tah Wahsh, North Central, Mid-Peninsula, Stephenson, Carney-Nadeau, North Dickinson, Norway, Iron Mountain, Kingsford, Manistique, and other recognized learning systems within Delta/Dickinson Counties. Each scholarship is renewable for a second year provided that student maintains a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA at Bay College.
Board Elite Scholarship
The Board Elite Scholarships cover full tuition and fees, as well as course required text books for the fall and winter semesters immediately following high school graduation and are renewable for a 2nd year (Fall and Winter semesters) provided required criteria is maintained.
Board of Trustees Scholarship
The Board of Trustees Scholarships provide up to $3000 ($1500 per semester for Fall and Winter semesters) per year for tuition and fees. These scholarships are renewable for a second year (Fall and Winter semesters) provided required criteria is maintained.
Eligibility for both Board Elite and Board of Trustees Scholarships:
1) Graduating seniors with a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.8.
2) Student must be accepted to Bay College by January 30, 2017.
3) Student must begin attendance at Bay College no later than the first fall semester following high school
graduation and maintain full-time (12 or more credits) enrollment in Fall and Winter semesters.
3) Student must attend a Bay College service area high school, as detailed above.
Application Procedure for both Board Elite and Board of Trustees Scholarships:
1) Accepted students who meet the eligibility requirements as of January 30, 2017 will be sent a letter by the
President of Bay College in mid-February inviting them to complete the Board of Trustees scholarship
application process. The Board of Trustees Scholoarship application will be included with the invitation letter.
This is a separate application from all other Bay College Scholarship opportunities.
2) Complete the scholarship application and submit by March 1, 2017. The application consists of two essays,
two reference letters, and current high school transcript.
3) Students will be notified of award status in late March 2017.