Cost of Training
Cost of the Nursing Assistant training is $800 and due in full at the time of registration. Students must wear navy blue scrubs and white shoes for all class and clinic hours. Bay College will provide the textbook, stethoscope, and blood pressure cuff.
Local care facilities often sponsor students by covering the cost of training. We encourage those interested to call the care facilities directly for more information and availability*. Students receiving financial assistance through a third party agency will not be considered registered until written confirmation has been received from the third party agency.
Requirements for Program Entry
• Have a medical examination satisfactorily completed before entrance to clinics.
• Pass a criminal background check**
** Individuals with criminal abuse, theft or misuse of property records may be denied
access to healthcare facilitiies and therefore may not be able to complete the program.
Is Being a Nursing Assistant for Me?
This field is for you, if you...
• Like people and communicate well with them.
• Have calm, reassuring manner.
• Have the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
• Want to provide personal service to those incapable of caring for themelves.
• Desire to assist individuals to regain and maintain lost functions to ensure the quality of daily living.
• Have good judgement and common sense.
• Have stamina, good physical condition, good health and personal hygiene.
• Are energetic, spontaneous, and have a good sense of humor.
Registrations not cancelled five business days before the class begins will not be entitled to a refund.
A processing fee of $25 will be assessed for all cancellations.
Local Facilities are now HIRING!
*Area Nursing Facilities:
Bishop Noa Home
Pinecrest Medical Facility
It shall be the policy of the Bay de Noc Community College Board of Trustees to assure the provisions of equal opportunity and equal access in educational acts. These provisions apply in all areas of employment, student services, and instructional programs. Discrimination becuase of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, political affiliations, handicap, veteran or marital status is prohibited.